Registration opens on December 1st 2019
Arts4all Associazione Interculturale and Bell Art Cultural Association in collaboration with Laboratorio di Danza e Movimento Livorno are proud to present the first edition of Interdanza Dance Competition. This is a unique event for this region—bringing high quality ballet from around the world to Livorno and all of Italy.
Interdanza Dance Competition aims to promote, stimulate, and encourage young talents in the discipline of dance and choreography, as well as give dancers an opportunity to network with peers, teachers, and directors from around the globe.
The four-day event will host special guests from prestigious schools around the world for workshop classes in both classical and contemporary dance.
Competitors will have the opportunity to work with some of the most influential people in the dance world, as well as win awards and scholarships to prestigious ballet academies around the world.
The experience of working with industry professionals and meet other young dancers from other countries is an incredibly valuable experience for the students: these professional and personal connections will help them have long and fulfilling global careers.
This will open their eyes to diverse styles of classical and contemporary dance and teach them new skills that they can use both in the studio and on stage for the rest of their careers.
PRESTIGIOUS JURY PANEL INCLUDES:
- Oliver Matz - Director of Dance Studies, Zurich Dance Academy
- Loreta Alexandrescu - Professor at Accademia Teatro alla Scala - Italy
- Elek Tibor Zsolt - Professor at Dance School of the Vienna State Opera - Austria
- Marco Laudani - Artistic Director at ODM - Ocram Dance Movement - Italy
- Lorand Zachar - Dancer, Teacher, Choreographer Budapest Dance Theater - Hungary
- Ahmed Yehia - Principal Dancer, Cairo Opera House - Egypt
- Valentin Bartes - Artistic Director, President of Bell Art Cultural Association, International Choreographer - Italy
Open to dancers ages 8 and up, Interdanza Dance Competition will take place May 1-3, of 2020.
May 1st 2020 International Workshop.
May 2nd 2020 Competition day.
May 3rd 2020 competition and Gala Awards Performance .
Awards will include full and partial scholarships to some of the best international ballet academies, including:
- Dance School of the Vienna State Opera
- Zurich Dance Academy
- Accademia Teatro alla Scala
APPRENTICE AND FULL CONTRACT may be awarded to PROFESSIONAL participants BY THE FOLLOWING:
- Sibiu Ballet Theater, Romania
- Cairo Opera House Ballet Company, Egypt
- Budapest Dance Theatre-Hungary
- The Nizhniy Novgorod State Academic Opera and Ballet Theater, Russia
Art Director: Valentin Bartes - International Choreographer, Italy
Theater: Teatro Goldoni, Livorno
Assessment of dancers cannot be complete without seeing them both on stage and in the studio, thus, the Competition is designed to be a two-fold event comprising of a workshop and adjudicated stage performances.
THE WORKSHOP IS MANDATORY TO ALL COMPETITORS (except professional division dancers)